These easy, gluten-free pancakes taste outrageously good!- especially for how simple they are to make. The minimal amount of applesauce in this recipe adds just the right amount of sweetness, ideal for those of us searching for sugar-free alternatives. Serve these easy gluten-free pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner and top with fresh fruit for a healthy twist!
Lets get right down to it…
Gluten-Free Pancakes Ingredients:
– 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free all purpose flour (I prefer Bob’s Red Mill)
– 1 organic egg
– 1 & ½ teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/3 cup organic apple sauce (preferably unsweetened)
– 1 cup filtered water OR non-dairy milk
1. In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients.
2. Add applesauce & water.
3. You do not want this mixture to be too thick OR too runny. Be sure to stir thoroughly to ensure the batter is smooth prior to ladling. If need be, add more gluten-free pancake flour.
4. In a heated (non-Teflon) pan, begin to cook the pancakes- about ¼ cup of batter for each is an appropriate amount.
5. Wait until you see bubbles appear on the surface and then flip to the other side for equal cooking duration.
6. Serve these gluten-free pancakes warm with vegan butter, fresh fruit or maple syrup!